Custom Built ADA Wheelchair Ramp Contractor Northern Virginia
Fairfax Contractor can custom build all types of The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) sets the building standards for wheelchair ramp specification, code and handicap access guidelines. These ADA homeowners and business are required to meet here in northern Virginia. For most residential applications and business wheelchair ramps will require a building permit. Commercial businesses, churches, and schools, must be in compliance with ADA ramp specifications and ADA requirements for handicapped wheelchair ramp slope access. Contact your local building Northern Virginia County building inspector for additional ADA compliant ramp information. This guideline is Fairfax Contractor interpretation. All our ramps are made with hand selected pressure treated lumber ADA Ramp Specifications Require a 1:12 ramp slope ratio which equals 4.8 degrees slope or one foot of wheelchair ramp for each inch of rise. For instance, a 25 inch rise requires a 25 foot handicap wheelchair ramp.
- ADA Guidelines Require a Minimum 5′ x 5′ Flat, unobstructed area at the top and bottom of the ramp.
- ADA Standards Require wheelchair ramps to have a Minimum width of 36 inches of clear space across the wheelchair ramp
- ADA Code Compliance Require a Minimum Turn Platform size of 5′ x 5′.
- ADA Guidelines for Wheelchair Ramps allow a Maximum run of 30 feet of wheelchair ramp before a rest or turn platform.
- ADA Ramp Guidelines Require ADA Ramp handrails that are between 34″ and 38″ in height on both sides of the wheelchair ramps.
Northern Virginia Codes For A Wheelchair Ramp
- Fairfax Contractor will pull all necessary permits for the construction of a wheelchair ramp. To obtain the permit the contractor will utilize the Fairfax typical deck detail construction as outlined. Not only will zoning considerations be taken into account, we will also follow the ADA (Americans with Disabilities) standards for construction purposes. The wheelchair ramp will have a starting point at a 5’x5′ area.the slope of the yard will be noted, have the code compliant landing that will then bring the ramp down to the lower anding point of 5’x5′ area. ADA standards state that the wheelchair ramp will have 36 inches of clear space in width, and at the 30-foot point have a landing. As per code the ramp will have a grade of 4.8° slope. Fairfax Contractor will construct code compliant safety railings on both sides of the wheelchair ramp built from hand selected pressure-treated lumber. Per the 2012 UBC code a guard rail and handrail will be mounted at 34 inches to 38 inches on both sides of the wheelchair ramp. The guardrail will be 36 inches in height. The decking for our plans will include utilization of a nonslip 2 x 6 pressure-treated flooring. The turn platform will be constructed to code with the size of a 5’ x 5’ area as per Fairfax County plans, and codes. If customer decides to utilize Fairfax contractor for the construction of this said wheelchair ramp system, we will be responsible to call Miss utilities before any excavation of the wheelchair ramp footings are excavated. The entire wheelchair ramp system will be a permanent, legal, code compliant system that has been approved by the Fairfax County plan review, and built to such specifications. All materials utilized in constructing wheelchair ramp will be hand selected pressure-treated lumber. Upon completion of the ramp Fairfax contractor provide a final on the building permit to assure not only the safety, but also following the outlines stated in the 2012 UBC Virginia universal building code and the ADA standards that are required for a safe and legal structure. Once the wheelchair ramp has been completed it will be ready for safe useage.
Concrete Handicap Ramp Contractor
Where We Build Wheelchair Ramps In Nothern VA
Fairfax Contractor builds Wheelchair ramps in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, and Prince William County VA.. We also build custom handicap wheelchair ramps in the following Fairfax County cities including Alexandria, Annandale, Burke, Clifton, Centreville, Chantilly, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Fairfax Station, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, Kingstown, Langley, Lake Barcroft, Lorton, McLean, Newington, North Springfield, Oakton, Oak Hill, Reston, Springfield, Sterling, Tyson’s Corner, and the Vienna, Virginia. Fairfax Contractor also is licensed to do work in Arlington County, including the cities of Arlington Forest, Ballston Crossings, Cherrydale, Claremont, Rivercrest, Westover, and Yorktown, Virginia. In Loudoun County we install all types of home improvement projects in the cities of Ashburn, Aldie, Bristow, Dulles, Countryside, Lansdowne, Leesburg, Purcellville, Potomac Falls, South Riding, and Stone Ridge Virginia. And finally we work in the cities of, Prince William County, including Dumfries, Dale City, Gainesville, Haymarket, Lake Manassas, Lake Ridge, Manassas, Manassas Park, Occoquan, Triangle, York Shire, and Woodbridge Virginia.